SINGAPORE: Author Sows Seeds for a Better Future

SHAMINI FLINT WRITES TO US FROM HER HOME IN SINGAPORE –  Like many of you, I caught the environmental bug some time back. I belatedly realised that our lifestyles are unsustainable and our children are going to inherit the mess. In a panic, I began to write books (printed on recycled/sustainable paper) about endangered species and did a lot of school visits to talk to kids about environmental issues.

Approximately five years ago I wrote a book, an environmental fantasy, called “The Seeds of Time,” for children aged 9-12. I wrote it to try and inspire children, the next generation, to care about the future of the planet (partly because I’d given up on us adults doing the right thing by our kids). It did pretty well, selling over 10,000 copies and is still widely available in bookshops, on online sites and as an ebook.The Seeds of TIme Cover

From the blurb:

“Honesty Smith and Spencer Jones – two ordinary children on a quest to save the planet. But is it too late for the orangutans of Borneo and the polar bears of Alaska?”

Recently, we here in South East Asia have been engulfed in un-breathable, hazardous air from the burning of the rain forests in the region. I’ve been irate as I watch my children red-eyed and wheezing, shut into one air-conditioned bedroom … unable to go outside. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I was reminded of why I wrote “The Seeds of Time” in the first place. To do what I can … I’ve decided to give the book away for FREE – the PDF of the entire book is attached and you can download it onto any e-reader. I would really appreciate it if you read it, give it to your children to read and generally spread it as far as possible. I hope it makes a tiny difference! Kind regards, Shamini

To enjoy the digital copy of Shamini’s work please check following link.

THE SEEDS OF TIME by SHAMINI FLINT